See how much smaller the environmental impact of your trays can be by switching their materials from plastic to Trayforma.
Based on a critically reviewed LCA study, you get a quick estimate of how Trayforma can help you:
- lower carbon dioxide emissions
- reduce fossil resource depletion
- reduce use of plastic
Comparison between Trayforma and plastic tray *
Calculations done with trays.
Impact of switch on climate change:
Fossil resource depletion
impact of switch on fossil depletion:
Annually saved plastic (with trays)
Family portion meals (ca 900g) -
Single portion meals (ca 300g) -
* Takes into account avoided emissions from recycling (avoided virgin production) and avoided emissions from energy recovery (avoided average electricity and heat production in the UK) for both materials.
How can you make an impact on consumers, not on the environment?
TrayformaTM by Stora Enso is the original paperboard material for trays: a winning combination of outstanding environmental performance, great technical performance and premium product presentation. Many leading brands have already made the switch from plastic to renewable paperboard. The reason is simple: they care about the future of their consumers, their brands, their businesses and most importantly the future of the planet. Made from sustainably sourced renewable resources, Trayforma will help you fight climate change and reduce our dependence on finite fossil resources.
- Low carbon: light-weight and bio-based to reduce plastic
- Made from sustainably sourced, renewable tree fibers
- Guaranteed safe for direct food contact and in high-heat
- Highly formable into demanding tray-shape
- Premium product presentation: printable without separate sleeves